ECA continues tornado relief efforts
May 12, 2011
As part of a wide-ranging effort to assist tornado victims, a team of employees from Education Corporation of America (ECA) provided over 500 meals in the heavily-damaged Pratt City, Ala. area last week.
The meals were prepared at dining operations affiliated with Culinard, the Culinary Institute of Virginia College in the Birmingham area.
Other storm-related efforts by ECA and its affiliated career colleges include:
- Creation of the ECA Employee Relief Fund
- Free cosmetology services provided to storm-affected prom goers by Virginia College students
- Meals served by Culinard staff and students to Alabama National Guard and other storm recovery workers and victims
- Provision of a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to ECA employees needing short-term, professional counseling services
- Cash contributions to Red Cross and other aid agencies
Birmingham-based Education Corporation of America (ECA) owns and operates career colleges in 12 states including Virginia College, Culinard, Ecotech Institute, Golf Academy of America and online programs of Virginia College.