Virginia College advertising wins awards
Feb 16, 2012
A new advertising campaign for Virginia College has received local and national recognition. Called the "V" campaign," the advertising features success profiles of Virginia College students, instructors, staffers and alumni. The campaign was produced by the ECA marketing creative team in conjunction with the Darden | Tatum agency.
From among more than 2000 entries for the Service Industry Advertising Awards, the V campaign won the following:
- GOLD AWARD — Television single commercial: "Holly"
- GOLD AWARD — Outdoor: "Proven"
- SILVER AWARD — Total ad campaign: "V" campaign
- SILVER AWARD — Television series: "V" campaign
More than 400 agencies and 1000 institutions participated in this year's awards. A national panel of judges reviewed each entry for creativity, execution, consumer appeal, quality and overall break–through advertising content. A full list of winners is at http://www.siaawards.com/.
In the Birmingham American Advertising Federation (ADDY) Awards, recognitions were:
- SILVER — Television campaign: "V" campaign
- SILVER: — Television commercial: "Lucy"
- SILVER — Outdoor billboard: "Lucy"
As a winner of silver awards, the campaign will be submitted for the regional 2012 ADDY awards.