New England College of Business ranked in U.S. News & World Report survey
Feb 20, 2014
The 2014 U.S. News & World Report Best Online Programs rankings listed New England College of Business in the Best Online Graduate Business Programs category.
This is the selection criteria according to the annual survey:
- Student engagement: Quality business programs promote participation in courses, allowing students opportunities to readily interact with their instructors and fellow classmates as is practiced with colleagues in professional business settings. In turn, instructors are not only accessible and responsive, but they are also tasked with helping to create an experience rewarding enough that students stay enrolled and complete their degrees in a reasonable amount of time.
- Peer reputation: Industry opinion accounts for intangible factors on program quality not captured by statistics. Also, degrees with strong perceptions of quality among academics may be held in higher regard among employers.
- Faculty credentials and training: Strong online business programs employ instructors with academic credentials one would expect from a campus-based program, and have the resources to train these instructors on how to teach distance learners.
- Student services and technology: A program that incorporates diverse online learning technologies allows greater flexibility for students to take classes from a distance. Outside of classes, a strong support structure provides learning assistance, career guidance and financial aid resources commensurate with quality campus-based programs.
- Admissions selectivity: Student bodies entering with proven aptitudes, ambitions and accomplishments can handle the demands of rigorous course work. Furthermore, online degrees that schools award discriminatively will have greater legitimacy in the job market.